Welcome to the Sixth Form section of our website. Fulneck Sixth Form provides an outstanding experience for every student, offering opportunities to excel through enrichment and leadership.
The Sixth Form years are best seen as a co-operative partnership between the teachers and students, with both working together to secure the very best academic results and outcomes. We are ambitious for our pupils, supporting many to achieve places at top UK universities.
We are large enough to offer a wide breadth of A-level subjects along with a number of Level 3 BTEC courses, but small enough to provide an unrivalled level of individualised care and guidance. Small class sizes mean that our Sixth Form students receive the tailored support they need, when they need it.
Fulneck students are encouraged to develop themselves and follow their dreams. Dedicated staff encourage each individual student to reach their goals and be the best they can be. We take pride in preparing and equipping our Sixth Formers for the challenges of university, employment and life beyond Fulneck. Excellent teaching in a brand new Sixth Form study centre, a wide programme of enrichment activities and outstanding pastoral care make Fulneck a fantastic place to study. We would love to meet you and introduce you to some of our lovely young people.
Head of Sixth Form
Fulneck Sixth Form - The Facts
Over the last three years, our A Level progress score puts Fulneck amongst the top schools and colleges in the UK using the governments value added measure. This indicates that teaching and learning at Fulneck School has a major impact on student performance and their ability to access top universities.’.
2020 Results Highlights
- 55.6% of BTEC students achieved a Distinction or Distinction* equivalent to an A or A* grade respectively at A Level
- 100% of A Level students achieved A* - E grades (or equivalent)
- 43% of A Level students achieved A* - A grades (or equivalent)
2019 Results Highlights
- 94% of BTEC students achieved a Distinction or Distinction* equivalent to an A or A* grade respectively at A Level.
- 93% of A Level students achieved A* - E grades (or equivalent)
- 24% of A Level students achieved A* - A grades (or equivalent)
2018 Results Highlights
- 52% of passes (A2 & BTEC) were A* - B (or equivalent)
- 80% of passes (A2 & BTEC) were A* to C (or equivalent)
- 100% pass rate at A2 and BTEC
- 100% of all BTEC entries resulted in Distinction* (equivalent to A* at A Level)
- The average points score per candidate was 125 which is equivalent to ABB at A Level